Neighborhood Farmers Markets
The Parks at Walter Reed is surrounded by some of the best farmers markets in the region. Right now, the following four markets in upper Ward 4 are open each weekend. Our closest market, the Takoma Park Farmers Market, is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year as the longest-running producer-only market in the region with more than 23 vendors and 2,500 attendees each week year-round!
More details on markets in the area:
- Takoma Park Farmers Market, 6931 Laurel Ave on Sundays from 10am-2pm, .9 miles (6-minute bike ride, 18-minute walk)
- Uptown Farmers Market, 5501 Colorado Ave NW on Saturdays from 9am-1pm (7-minute drive, 14-minute bus ride, 8-minute bike ride)
- Petworth Community Market, 9th & Upshur NW on Saturdays May through November from 9am-1pm (12-minute drive or bus ride)
- Chevy Chase Farmers Market, Lafayette Elementary School, 5701 Broad Branch Road, Saturdays from 9am-1pm (13-minute drive or bus ride)
- Downtown Silver Spring Market, 1 Veterans Plaza, Silver Spring, MD, Saturdays from 9 am to 1 pm (11-minute drive or 12-minute bike ride)
The Parks at Walter Reed will not host a farmers market in 2023 (due to low attendance in prior years), so please support farmers and makers at these other spots year-round, as well as the new Whole Foods Market at The Park at Walter Reed campus opening in June 2023.