FRESHFARM Produce Stand June – November
This year, in addition to our Sunday FRESHFARM Market,* FRESHFARM is organizing a separate farm stand each Tuesday from June to November. Residents are welcome to shop at the farm stand each week, OR sign up for a “Market Share” weekly produce subscription (similar to a CSA) to get your produce pre-packed and ready for pickup when you roll in. The farm stand will feature about four vendors (primarily fresh fruits and vegetables, no prepared foods), and be open weekly on Tuesdays from 11 am to 3 pm for shopping and CSA pick-up.
To Sign Up:
- Learn more about the Market Share weekly produce subscription
- Create an account, and select the size of box you would like to receive. A Family share is $42, and a Personal share is $29.
- Select pickup at “The Parks at Walter Reed”!
- Families who rely on SNAP and WIC can join the Market Share bags at 75% discount
- Joining the Market Share CSA program feeds your family AND helps support neighbors facing food insecurity.
Dates: Weekly, Tuesdays, 11 am to 3pm, June to November 2021
Location: The farm stand will be located inside the Georgia Avenue gate just north of Main Drive (adjacent to the flower building). Map Georgia Avenue and Butternut Street NW, then take an immediate right when you enter at the gate.
How to Get There: Parking is limited on the site, so walking or biking is recommended. Some street parking is available inside The Parks gate, and street parking is also available along Georgia Avenue and Butternut Street NW.
*Curious about the full-size FRESHFARM Market? The FRESHFARM Market returns Sundays, August / September / October, from 10 am to 2 pm, in the same spot, with more than a dozen of your favorite local producers. This year the Market will be four weeks longer, and an hour longer each week.