The Parks at Walter Reed Farmers Market features new hours, new location, and eight weeks of shopping this year! The market will run each Sunday, August 7 to September 25 from 9 am to 1 pm. Please bring your bags for shopping. The market accepts and matches WIC, SNAP and SFMNP benefits.
Dates: Sundays, August 7 to September 25 (8 weeks)
Time: 9 am to 1 pm
Location: The market is at a new spot on the Arts Plaza, 6810 Cameron Drive NW, right next to the dog park. Enter from Butternut Street and Georgia Avenue, and take a left on Cameron Drive NW; or enter from Aspen Street NW onto Cameron Drive.
How to Get There: Free customer parking is available courtesy of The Vale in the parking garage immediately across the street from the market. Map 6810 Cameron Drive NW, and enter from Georgia Avenue or Aspen Street NW. Walking and biking are also recommended.
Vendor List (Vendors are subject to change):
- Blue’s Coffee and Tea Co Black family-owned specialty coffee and tea company. bluescoffeeandteaco.com
- Burt’s Microgreens: This company farms and harvest microgreens indoors, including radishes, sunflower, pea, salad mix & broccoli microgreens. Everything is organic and non-GMO. Instagram: Burts_microgreen
- Fresh Forever: Presenting juices of single fruits (watermelon, orange, carrot, apple, mango), mixed fruits, shakes (milk, dried fruit, honey), green smoothies (spinach, cilantro, mint) and customized beverages.
- Chia Catering They’ve been preparing and serving Turkish/Mediterranean food since 2018. chiacatering.com
- DMV Empanadas: The perfect lunch spot or take-home treat: this family-owned business uses unique recipes and flavor and makes everything from scratch using local and fresh products. dmvempanada.com
- Finesse Essential Body: Natural, handmade bath and body products, currently offering natural goat’s milk soap, natural lotion, natural topical pain-relieving rub. Instagram: FinesseEssentialBody
- Holly Brook raises heritage pork, lambs (Kathadins and Dorpers), pastured chickens (broilers), goats, rabbits (Flemish, NZ, Argents), turkeys, ducks (meat), guinea hens and rose veal. hollybrookfarm.net
- Pleitez Produce Farm is a family owned and operated farm on 80 acres with 13 greenhouses. They feature delicious seasonal vegetables, eggs, melons, and fruit. pleitezproducefarms.com
- Stone Hearth Bakery They bake fresh European bread of many different varieties, as well as pastries, Bolivian-style empanadas and much more! stonehearthbakeryllc.com
- Snarfies LLC: (pop-up only on August 7): Handmade premium pet treats with only one or two ingredients: 100% US Farm-raised BEEF, CHICKEN, or EGG. Their ingredients are sourced from local and regional farmers who are raising food for people. snarfies.com
The Parks at Walter Reed events are sponsored by Children’s National Hospital, Aspen Square at The Parks by NVHomes, Pepco, The Vale, The Brooks, Streetsense, and BKV Group. Free parking for market customers is supplied by The Vale. Special thanks to Gelberg Signs for the banner.