Down in the Reeds Music Festival
The third Annual Down in the Reeds Festival is taking place on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at The Parks at Walter Reed on the grounds of the historic Walter Reed Army Medical Center from 11 am to 7 pm.
The 2022 music festival line-up celebrates the power of music to heal across community and culture. This year, the universal power of drumming and rhythm will resonate throughout the festival, with the inclusion of Bhangra, Eastern indigenous powwow drumming, Go Go, funk, West African drumming, traditional Bolivian dance, jazz and world folk.
Featured Performances and Workshops Include:
Red Baraat, Medicine Singers with Yonatan Gat, Mary-eL, Sound of the City, Project Locrea, Alison Crockett, Bele Bele Rhythm Collective, IMKA, FFC Morenada Bolivia USA Washington Jazz Arts Institute Youth Ensemble, Lucid District, Hands on Drums workshops, House of Musical Traditions workshops and more to be announced. Full schedule.
Join Yoga Heights for a free yoga class set to ethereal live music by IMKA from 11:30-12:30pm, outdoors at the main stage area. RSVP HERE
The 2022 festival will also feature an array of amazing art activations and games for attendees of all ages. Activations, food trucks, art vendors, community partners, local business vendors, and breweries will all be announced in the coming weeks at www.downinthereeds.com
Parking & Access
Paid parking will be available in Abrams Hall, The Vale and in the Children’s National parking garage. See the map below. Biking, walking and other forms of transit are recommended, as several roads throughout the campus will be completely closed during the event.
- A portion of Main Drive WILL BE CLOSED, from the Georgia Avenue gate to Abrams Hall.
- Residents at The Brooks and The Vale will be able to access their parking garage and building ONLY from Cameron Drive via Aspen Street NW.
- Residents at Abrams Hall will be able to access their parking garage and building ONLY from 16th Street NW.
- No parking will be allowed on Main Drive or Cameron Drive after 7 am Saturday, Oct. 9. Any vehicles left on Main Drive may be subject to ticketing and towing; vehicles on Cameron Drive cannot be moved until after 8 pm that day. In addition, event organizers are not responsible for unattended vehicles.
- To download a flyer containing this information for your neighbors and residents, click here.
Down in the Reeds is presented by Local First DMV and CNDB LLC with support from the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, Listen Local First DC, The Parks at Walter Reed, DC Fray, Georgia Avenue Main Street, The Levine School, DC Department of Energy and the Environment, Hotel Zena, Compass Realtor Eddie Suarez, The Ven at Embassy Row, Chuck Levin’s, Zen Renovations, Topo Chico, Eaton DC, Supreme Window, Atlas Brew Works, ANXO DC, Studio One Printing and Media Sponsors WPFW, WOWD-LP, Alchemical Records, DC Music Review and SongPoTV.