Barre3 Fitness Classes May 2021
Join us for FREE barre3 fitness classes this May to kick off summer led by Barre3 14th Street studio owner Alicia. Barre3 is designed for every type of body, with adaptations for every posture. We are specifically welcoming those who’ve wanted to try a barre class but haven’t yet. Our goal is for you to feel successful in the body you have TODAY. Let’s move and celebrate it together!
Date 1: Saturday, May 22nd at 10am: Registration closed.
Date 2: Monday, May 31, at 10 am: Click here to register for a free spot
Location: The Great Lawn at The Parks at Walter Reed, 1010 Butternut Street NW
- Before class, please sign our event waiver HERE
- Open level class, all are welcome
- Bring yoga mat or towel and water (hat and sunscreen also encouraged!)
- Weather pending; inclement weather cancellations will be emails and announced no later than 1 hour before start time
- Location: Great Lawn, The Parks at Walter Reed. Map 1010 Butternut Street NW, and follow the sidewalk around to the grassy green space by the gazebo
- Per local regulations, this class will have a limited capacity and participants are asked to wear a mask until you have established your space at least 6 feet away from others on all sides. If you are feeling unwell and/or are experiencing fever, cough, or other potentially contagious symptoms, please stay home.
Questions? Email: 14thstreet [at] barre3.com
Barre3 classes are designed to balance the body and leave you feeling energized, happy and strong. The instructor will also offer several adaptations of the postures so that the workout is truly accessible to anyone, including those with injuries, pre- or post-natal, and any shape, size, age, gender. The 30-minute class includes a warm up, exercises targeting all major muscle groups, a cardio blast to get your heart thumping and your body sweaty, and a series of stretches followed by guided breath work in the final minutes. Alicia Sokol is owner of the 14th Street Barre3 studio, which just celebrated its 12th anniversary. Learn more about the Barre3 way on their website.