Join Us to Celebrate The Parks: Groundbreakings at Aspen Square & The Reynard
You’re invited to join us at The Parks at Walter Reed for a groundbreaking and celebration on Thursday, September 15. Details below. We have much to celebrate as two more residential projects are underway this summer and fall, and big changes are coming at the Marketplace Plaza. RSVP for the event. You’ll learn about:
- The Reynard broke ground earlier this summer. This 344-home apartment building is delivering in 2024 with delightful amenities and significant frontage on Georgia Avenue (just north of Butternut Street NW).
- Aspen Square is a 50-unit townhome community being built by NVHomes, with the first deliveries coming this winter. The townhouses are situated on the south side of campus along Aspen Street.
- Abrams Assisted Living delivered earlier this year, providing 54 assisted living units for low-income seniors (adjacent to the 144 homes for low-income seniors and veterans already open and fully occupied in Abrams Hall!)
- The Retail Marketplace will be opening in phases beginning this October, with the Whole Foods opening in 2023. Four new retailers were announced earlier this month, and Kite House condominiums are selling now.
- The Brooks features 89 condominiums developed and is quickly approaching sell out. The Brooks offers generous one bedroom, one bedroom + den, and two bedroom layouts priced from the low $400s to the low $700s. Features include large private terraces and balconies, concierge service, coworking space, penthouse indoor-outdoor lounge. Be sure to stop in for the open house in the model residence.
- Kite House has 109 condominiums available for purchase now and summer 2023 move-ins. Units range from the low $400s to $1.24M. Several floor plan types are offered: one bedroom, one bedroom + den, junior one bedroom, two bedroom, two bedroom + den, and three bedroom. Each home at Kite House features engineered hardwood flooring, contemporary kitchen cabinets, Bosch stainless steel appliances, porcelain tile backsplashes, moveable kitchen islands, and Kohler fixtures. The community also features a fitness center and large outdoor terrace and club lounge.
- Our community events team is hosting over 100 events this year, with thousands of people enjoying live music, festivals, farmers markets and more at The Parks. Last year, 11,000 people visited the Parks for cultural programming, and this year will be even higher! Hear about exciting new additions this fall, including theatre, movies and more.
What you can expect:
- Happy hour beverages and hors d’oeuvres
- Open-air trolley tours of the Retail Marketplace, the NVHomes site, and The Reynard. The tours will showcase the Great Lawn and the greenspaces at the campus.
- Live music on the Arts Plaza, which opened last year and has been a wonderful gathering space for neighbors at our happy hour series, farmers market, and much more.