Architectural Design and Production Services of Building L – RFI
Please be advised that the Master Development team of The Parks at Walter Reed (“TPWR”) invites qualified firms to submit an Expression of Interest to provide Architectural Design and Production Services for Building L (“Project”) at The Parks at Walter Reed. The Project is proposed to be a 4-5 story, Type 3 wood frame building above a subterranean garage. TPWR anticipates a final unit count of 300 – 320 rental apartments, averaging 750 – 775 SF per unit. Based on the 20-30’ grade change between the northern and southern borders of the site, the residential portion of the building could be constructed above a 30,000 – 40,000 SF volume that is partially below grade and could be programed for retail and/or amenity space. The Project will total approximately 290,000 – 320,000 gross square feet of residential and retail/amenity space, and include associated services and amenities.
The Project site is located within The Parks at Walter Reed at 6900 Georgia Avenue NW, Washington, DC; Parcel L will be bounded by Elder Street to the north, Dahlia Street to the south, a service alley to the east, and 13th Street to the west.
Expression of Interest responses shall include the following:
- Description of your firm, including size, location, number of employees and nature of professional staff to be assigned to this Project
- Proposed team: staff experience and training including a brief resume for each key person
- Demonstration of a proven track record for projects of a similar type and scale through case studies of three prior projects (noting schedule, budget, outcome, renderings/images, ground floor plan, typical upper floor plan, developer/owner, whether the project was subject to HPRB review)
- Additional services offered through your firm that may be relevant to this Project
- Confirmation that your firm meets the insurance requirements (noted below)
Selected Qualified Firms will be invited to provide proposals through a forthcoming Request for Proposal (RFP).
Criteria for Firm Qualification:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver mixed use market rate LEED projects of at least 50 rental or rental units with ground floor retail
- Demonstrated experience in designing rental apartment product
- Experience designing to a specific construction budget and project schedule
- Experience with large-scale commercial developers
- Ability to contract with and manage design consultants with the same level of project experience including structural, civil, landscaping, interiors, and MEP, among others, including complete coordination of all design disciplines
- Experience with District agency review and meetings to include SHPO, HPRB, DCRA, and others
- Experience with construction administration including submittals, site observation, contractor payment, and closeout
- Capacity to commence design work in mid- to late-April 2019
- Ability to maintain a policy or policies of professional liability insurance with limits of $1,000,000 for each claim and $2,000,000 in the aggregate
- Employer’s Liability insurance in an amount not less than $1,000,000 for each accident
- Commercial General Liability insurance on an occurrence basis not less than $2,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury (including death) and property damage
- Commercial Automobile liability insurance on an occurrence basis covering all hired, owned and non-owned vehicles not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury (including death) and property damage
Expression of Interest responses will be accepted through 5pm (EST) on Friday, February 21, 2020. Please submit an electronic response to Vicki Davis (vdavis at urban-atlantic.com) and Mark Simpson (email@example.com)